Top EV Code Signing Certificate Providers
Now, EV (Extended Validation) Code Signing Certificate offers same benefits as a regular Code Signing Certificate, but it goes one step ahead like EV SSL/TLS Certificate to provide additional visible trust indicators such as displaying name & address of the organization and mandatory time stamping.
Why is EV Code Signing Certificate Needed?
Additionally, Extended Validation Code Signing Certificates are similar to EV SSL/TLS Certificates; it goes through strict authentication & validation process as per the CA/Browser forum guidelines like software publishers have to provide asked documents for proving their identity.
Features & Benefits of EV Code Signing Certificate
- Instant trust establishment in Microsoft SmartScreen
- Improves brand reputation
- Authentication & Integrity of your Software
- Safeguards your applications from tampering
- Free timestamp which reduces maintenance cost
- Eliminates security warnings and messages
- Support for different file formats such as, .exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi, .xap in both 32-bit & 64-bit formats
- Supported by other platforms like Adobe Air, Apple applications and its plug-ins, Java, Mozilla object files and Microsoft Silverlight applications
- Hardware meeting or equivalent to FIPS 140-2 Level 2 requirements & Pin is provided for protecting Private Key like 2-FA (Two Factor Authentication)
- The rigorous validation process of Software publisher as per the guidelines of the CA/Browser forum
- Displays organization name, address & type in the certificate
- HSM (Hardware Security Modules) Supported
Best EV Code Signing Certificate Providers
Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate
Comodo EV Code Signing certificate comes equipped with all the latest features that work like an extra layer of security. For example, it allows signing software of both 32 and 64-bit formats along with Microsoft Authenticode files (.exe, .cab, .ocx, .xap, .xpi, and .msi), kernel-mode software, Adobe Air applications, plug-ins, Java-based applications, and Microsoft Silverlight applications.
Sectigo EV Code Signing Certificate
However, if you’re an organization for whom trust is the most important factor, then getting the Sectigo EV Code Signing certificate will prove helpful. It’ll be easier for you to convince your users through visible trust factors like showing the type of your organization and contact details as proof that it’s coming from a trustworthy source.